ABU DHABI, 21 January 2022: Yas Links Abu Dhabi represents the first true Links Golf Course in the Middle East region, designed by Kyle Phillips, one of the world’s leading golf course designers.
Visitors to Yas Links Abu Dhabi can play golf whilst enjoying an exceptional view of the gulf and experience the unique traditions of the game on this spectacular course with an 18-hole Championship Links course, 9-hole Academy Course, golf academy and floodlit practice facilities. Yas Links Abu Dhabi combines unparalleled visual glory with the thrill of golf’s ultimate test.
Dining options include the award-winning Hickory’s restaurant with stunning views over the Yas Island mangroves and Abu Dhabi’s beautiful skyline, as well as MATSU offering authentic and traditional Japanese cuisine.
The Championship Links course is located on the west shores of Yas Island, Abu Dhabi’s leading entertainment and leisure hub, with the celebrated gold course also offering an Andalusian designed clubhouse, gym, swimming pool, male spa and more recently, a state of the art Toptracer range.
Guests planning to visit Abu Dhabi and enjoy the award-winning golf course, can visit and book their stay and play golf package at yasisland.ae/en/packages/golf-package
The Par 72 Championship Links course which has rolling hills and seashore green locations currently ranks 48th in Golf Digest’s Top 100 courses in the world, and 60th in the World by Platinum Clubs of the World.
Last year, Yas Links Abu Dhabi was awarded the ‘United Arab Emirates’ Best Golf Course 2020’ and ‘Abu Dhabi’s Best Golf Course 2020’ during the World Golf Awards. Previous to that Yas Links Abu Dhabi played host to the golf element of the 2019 Special Olympics World.
Moreover, golf lovers can enjoy a virtual tour of the award-winning golfing destination in Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, Yas Links and experience the world’s leading golf-course architects from the comfort of their homes.
Click on the link to get on to the virtual tour: https://www.yasisland.ae/360/index.html#page2
Some other key highlights:
Yas Links Abu Dhabi:
- Par 72 Championship Links Course
• 112 Bunkers
• 300,000 m3 of capped sand
• 1.8 million m3 of Dredged material
• 8 holes play along the coastline, with every hole offering a view of the coastline
• Undulations vary from +1m – + 8m above sea level
• Wall to wall “Paspalum Platinum” grass
• Championship Tees – 7,414 yards
- Ranked 9th in Leading Courses Golf Choice awards 2020
• 2019 winner – 48th Best Golf Course in the World
• 2018 winner – 44th Best Golf Course in the world
• 2018 winner – 70th Top Golf Course in the World, Golf World
• 2016 winner – Best Golf Course in The Middle East, Asian Golf Monthly
• 2016 winner – Best Golf Course in The Middle East, Golf Digest 2016
• 2014 winner – Middle East Golf Awards – Best Overall Experience (Players Choice)
• 2014 winner – Middle East Golf Awards – General Manager of the Year 2014
• 2013 winner – Voted number 1 Golf Course in the Middle East, Golf Digest
• 2013 winner – Golf Course of the Year (Middle East) Above AED 400, Middle East
- 2013 winner – 2nd best destination to visit in Abu Dhabi, Trip Advisor
• 2011 winner – Best Golf Course, Middle East Golfer Awards
• Ranked 95 in Golf World’s Top 100 Courses 2011
• 2012 winner – Ranked 24th World’s Best Courses Outside of America – Golf Digest USA – 2012 (there are over 30,000 golf courses in the world)
• Best Sporting Club and Best Bar in Abu Dhabi – Ahlan 2012
• 2012 winner – Middle East Sports Talk Golf Awards – Best Course, Best Club, General Manager of the year 2012