Srinagar, 4th July 2022: Two heavily armed Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists were caught and handed over to the police by villagers in the Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday.

Describing the arrest of both the terrorists as a major success, the official said that they were trying to spread terrorism again in the border districts of Rajouri and Poonch besides Reasi.

A villager said, “Two men had come. They said to switch off the phone. After that one said he had to go to the bathroom. After coming out he called me and said that someone has come here. You guys don’t call, otherwise they will kill me. We reached there and looked through the window. They were all asleep. It was raining heavily at that time. When the light came on, we saw their bags.”

We tied him with a rope and informed the police 

He said, “A man woke up as we came and jumped but fell down near the door. During this, my brother’s son caught him or else he would have fled.We tied him with a rope. I said there are army men outside, fire. Then he got very scared. The younger one said that it has been six years for him. The other one was very dangerous. We informed the police administration about it, who reached us within an hour.”

Lieutenant Governor-Director General of Police praised the villagers,

Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha and Director General of Police (DGP) Dilbag Singh praised the courage of the villagers and announced a cash reward for them.Officials said the incident took place in Tuksan Dhok village and the arrested terrorists included Lashkar commander Talib Hussain, a resident of Rajouri district, who was also a conspirator of the IED blasts in the district in the past.

Announcement of a cash reward of Rs 5 lakh for bravery

Singh said that the Lt Governor appreciated the courage of the villagers and announced a cash reward of Rs 5 lakh for their bravery, while the Director General of Police announced a cash reward of Rs 2 lakh for them. Both were arrested on June 28 in Rajouri district after unearthing the module led by Hussain, which was involved in the recent blasts in the district. Five IEDs were recovered from the two arrested terrorists of the organisation. Hussain had escaped and went to the nearby Reasi district to escape the trap of the security forces.