New Delhi, April 19, 2021: In the wake of surging cases of Coronavirus infection, a lockdown has been imposed in Delhi and NCR.
After a meeting with Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Monday morning, CM Arvind Kejriwal announced a lockdown in Delhi up to 26th April that will commence from April 19 night.
Know these rules:
1) All employees of private offices in Delhi will have to work from home.
2) Government offices and vital services will be exempted from lockdown.
3) Medical emergencies will be an exemption.
4) All malls, gyms, spas, auditoriums, assembly halls, entertainment parks will remain closed.
5) Restrictions on dining in restaurants.
6) Permission for home delivery or take away will go on.
7)People attributed with hospitals, government employees, police, district magistrates, electricity, water, sanitation will get exemption in lockdown.
8) If someone has to go to the hospital, get a vaccine or take a sick person out, they will be allowed to go out.
9) Only a few officers will be allowed to come to the government offices.
10) Care should also be taken to ensure that migrant workers do not face any problem.
11) Those going to the railway station, the bus stop, the airport will get a discount.
12) Weekly Market will be unlocked in a day according to the zone.
Because of the proliferation of cases of Corona in Delhi and the worsening condition of medical facilities, several leading market associations of Delhi have endorsed their markets to be closed from Monday till further announcement from them.
Markets that would be closed are- Chandni Chowk Main Road, Sadar Bazar, Chawri Bazar, Bhagirath Palace, Old Lajpat Rai Bazar, New Lajpat Rai Bazar, Dariba, Kinari Bazar, New Road, Khari Baoli, Chemical Bazar, Photo Bazar, Cycle Bazar, Mori Gate, Ashok in Delhi Various markets of Vihar, Karolbagh, Gandhi Nagar, Shanti Mohalla market, East Delhi’s many markets, computer market, rubber plastic market and others.
On Sunday, Delhi recorded the highest number of cases that is 25,462 patients. The number of active patients has reached 75,000. Death rates are also rising. 161 patients died in the last 24 hours.
The commotion of Corona is now proving to be fatal for the people. The infection rate has reached close to 30 percent. Nearly every third person who gets the corona test done is found infected. Corona infection has increased so rapidly that, in the last five days 1,03,304 cases have been reported. During this period 685 patients have died.
According to the Health Department, a total of 8,53,460 cases have been reported in Delhi so far out of which 7,66,398 patients have been cured. This has decreased the recovery rate of patients from 90.12% – 89.79%. The death toll has risen to 12,121. However, the death rate has come down from 1.47%-1.42%. Currently, there are 74,941 active patients out of which 13,887 patients are admitted to hospitals. At present, there are 558 patients in Covid Care Center and 96 patients in Covid Health Center. Apart from this, the number of patients in home isolation has also increased to 34,398.