New Delhi, 23 April 2021: To deal with the resurgence of COVID-19 Pandemic, theEmployees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) under the Ministry of Labour and Employment has undertaken multiple steps to cater to its Stakeholders as well as general public.
- A total of 21 ESIC Hospitalsdirectly run by ESICwith 3676 Covid Isolation Beds having 229 ICU/163 ventilator beds across India are functioning as COVID-19 Dedicated Hospitalsto exclusively provide COVID medical services to the general public. Besides, six ESIC Hospitals are also providing Covid and non-Covid services.
- Also, the 26 ESI Scheme Hospitals run by State Governmentshaving 2023 beds across India are functioning as Covid Dedicated Hospitals.
- Plasma therapy, which is shown to save the lives of serious COVID-19 patients, has been started in ESIC Medical College & Hospital, Faridabad (Haryana) and ESIC Medical College & Hospital, Sanath Nagar (Telangana).
- Alternative arrangements have been made for providing medical services from Tie-up Hospitals, if an ESIC Hospital is declared as dedicated Covid-19 Hospital. In such cases,ESI beneficiaries can be referred to tie-up Hospitals for providing prescribed secondary/SST consultation/admission/investigation, during the period for which concerned ESIC Hospital functions as a dedicated Covid-19 Hospital. ESI Beneficiaries may also seek Emergency/non-Emergency medical treatment from tie-up hospital directly without referral letter, in accordance with his/her entitlement.
- Covid Nodal Officers have been nominated at each ESIC Hospital for effective coordination with State/Central Health Authorities.
- In addition to above, instructionshave been issued to each ESIC hospital to function with a minimum of 20% of its bed capacity as dedicated Covid beds for ESI IPs, beneficiaries, staff & pensioners.
- In order to ease out the hardship of ESI Beneficiaries in these difficult times, ESIC has allowed purchase of medicines by beneficiaries from private chemists and reimbursements will be made by ESIC subsequently.
Facilities available in 21 dedicated Covid ESIC Hospitals (directly run by ESIC)
|3||BEDS WITH OXYGEN SUPPLY IN COVID UNIT (Including ICU)||1556|
|4||TOTAL ICU BEDS FOR COVID||229|
|5||ICU BEDS WITH VENTILATOR||163|
|6||ICU BEDS WITHOUT VENTILATOR||36|
Facilities available in 06 Covid + non Covid ESIC Hospitals (directly run by ESIC)
|3||BEDS WITH OXYGEN SUPPLY IN COVID UNIT (Including ICU)||416|
|4||TOTAL ICU BEDS FOR COVID||53|
|5||ICU BEDS WITH VENTILATOR||47|
|6||ICU BEDS WITHOUT VENTILATOR||6|
Facilities available in 26 dedicated Covid ESIS Hospitals (run by respective State Govts.
|2||BEDS WITH OXYGEN SUPPLY IN COVID UNIT (Including ICU)||1153|
|3||TOTAL ICU BEDS FOR COVID||81|
|4||ICU BEDS WITH VENTILATOR||56|
|5||ICU BEDS WITHOUT VENTILATOR||25|
Further, ESIC Hospitals are adopting all the updated guidelines being issued by MoH&FW, Govt. of India, on a regular basis for delivering better and prompt medical services. Implementation of all such measures is being regularly monitored at ESIC Hqrs through video conference with the hospitals across the country.