Pune police have booked staffs of fast food restaurant Burger King, Fergusson College Road branch, after a 31-year-old man was hospitalised after eating burger in which glass shards were present.
The case has been registered with Deccan Gymkhana police station based on complaint from injured autorickshaw driver Sajit Pathan, a resident of Wadarwadi.Police have booked the manager, supervisor and other staffs for offences under sections 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 34 (an act done with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code.
As per the FIR registered on Sunday, the incident took place around 3 pm on Wednesday. Pathan and his three friends had gone to the outlet for a get together. However, when he ate a burger he started coughing and soon there was blood in his mouth. His friends reported the matter to the staff who found pieces of glass in the burger. Pathan had to be admitted in ICU of a hospital, where he had to spend Rs 35,000.
Police said that no staff has been arrested yet.
The version of Burger King will be added in this report after getting their statement.