Patna – There was a major rail accident in Hajipur in Bihar this morning. Nine coaches of the Seemanchal Express going to Delhi were derailed in Vaishali district of Bihar, leaving 7 dead. While more than 10 people are being reported as injured. East Central Railway spokesman Rajesh Kumar told that a General coach, one coach of air-conditioned class B3, sleeper class S8, S9, S10 and four other coaches were derailed.
“We express profound grief over the loss of innocent lives in tragic derailment of 12487 Jogbani-AnandVihar Terminal Seemanchal Exp at Sahadaibuzurg in Bihar. Rescue and relief operations are at full swing”
The railway officials said that the prima facie cause of accident is rail fracture of CMS X-Ing at Barauni end of station yard.Unaffected 12 coaches are being moved to Hajipur where more coaches will be attached and train will move for Anand Vihar Terminal railway station (ANVT), Delhi.
Railways will give an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh to the next of kin of each deceased. Critically injured persons will be given Rs 1 lakh and Rs 50,000 will be given to the injured. All medical expenses will also be borne by the Railways.
Vijay Sinha, SDRF Commandant: Out of 7 casualties, 6 bodies identified; 3 are from Bengal & 3 are from Khagaria (Bihar). State govt has done the arrangements for the bodies to be sent to their families in Bengal&Khagaria after post-mortem. Rescue operation on.
Bihar government has announced to give Rs 4 lakhs each to the kin of every deceased & Rs. 50,000 to the injured.
For information the train accident of 12487 Seemanchal Express, contact following Help line numbers : Sonpur 06158221645 Hajipur 06224272230 Barauni 06279232222 Patna 06122202290/91/92.
- SPARME (Self propelled accident relief train and medical equipment) & Accident Relief Trains (ART) reached the site.
- Unaffected 12 coaches cleared from site along with passengers & is moved to Danapur where additional coaches will be attached and the special train will move for Anand Vihar Terminal.
- All the injured passengers have been moved to nearby Hospitals, District Hospitals and Railway Hospital.
- Adequate number of Doctors are available at site. Ambulances have been pressed into service.
- All medical expenses of the injured passengers will be borne by Railways.
- Adequate free catering arrangements have been made at site, Patna, Hajipur and at hospitals for passengers. Commercial officers with teams are deployed at Hajipur & Danapur to take care.
- Arrangements for refunds to the passengers who do not continue their journey have been ensured at different stations.
- Rescue operation is completed.