Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) is India’s leading Shipbuilding Company with ISO 9001:2015 accreditation. It is a profit-making Central Government Schedule ‘A’ PSU under the Ministry of Defence, Department of Defence Production, engaged primarily in the building of Warships and Submarines for the Indian Navy. MDL has a consistent growth, both in physical as well as financial parameters and has an ambitious growth plan. The present turnover is approximately Rs 4,400 Cr. which is projected to be higher in the coming years. MDL has employee strength of around 9,000.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for the following: Eligible & interested candidates are required to apply online. (Online Application opens from 05 Jul ‘19 and closes on 26 Jul ‘19):
Name of Post – Total vacancies
Riggers – 217
Electrician – 149
Rigger – Passed VIII std and the National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination passed in the trade of
Electrician – Passed SSC or equivalent examination conducted by a Board recognized by the Government and the National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination passed in the trade of “Electrician”.
* The candidates who have worked as Rigger in MDL/Shipbuilding industry for minimum one year having passed NAC in different trades may apply directly for the post of “Rigger”. However, experience certificate should be certified by their Personnel Dept.
Desired Experience: Work experience in the relevant trade/function in a Shipbuilding industry for minimum one year duly certified by their Personnel Department is desirable. The candidates having such experience will
be given upto 20 marks based on relevant experience in Ship Building Industry.
The candidate selected for the posts shall be placed in the following pay scale.
Grade Pay Scale (`) Skilled Gr-I (IDA-5) 17000- 64360
Semi-Skilled Gr-I (IDA-2) 13200-49910
Besides the basic pay, they will be entitled to industrial DA, HRA, CPF & allowances etc. as per rules of the Company. Grant of annual increment will be as per Company rules. The selected candidates will be governed by the ESIC Act for the purpose of medical benefits. However, in case the operatives are exempted from
the ESIS coverage due to enhancement of wages, they will be covered under the Company’s medical benefit scheme for the employees and their eligible family members.
Age Limit: Maximum age limit is 38 years and minimum age limit not less than 18 years as on 01 Jul ‘19.
How to Apply:
• Log on to MDL website https://mazagondock.in
• Go to Careers >> Online Recruitment >> Non-Executive
• Click on Non- Executive Tab
• Register by filling up relevant details & click on “Submit” button.
• Click on the validation link sent on email.
• Login to MDL Online Portal with “Username” & “Password”
• Select the job under Non-Executive Tab & view the “Eligibility Criteria”
• While applying, candidate should have the scanned copy of recent passport size colour photograph, their signature & other relevant Certificates in JPEG format.
• Read the instructions carefully and fill up all the details in the Online Application Form.
• Candidates may enter ‘NA’ in the mandatory fields not applicable to them
• Check preview of the Application form and make corrections, if any. Any changes in the application form need to be edited before clicking on “Submit”. No other means of communication or correspondence will be entertained for correction in the Online Application Form.
• Candidate belonging to General / OBC category are required to pay the application fees of ` 100/-. Detail instructions for payment of processing fees may be referred at Para-13.
(Applicants belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD (Persons With Disability) are exempted from such payment of processing fee.)
• Click on “Home” tab and ensure your application submission status to be “Successfully Submitted”.